Sunday, March 20, 2016

Changing Narrative Perspective

Changing Narrative Perspective
August 30th
We are alone on the island now, Will and I. He just murdered his associate, Tayloe because he tried to interrupt the experiment. Tayloe tried to poison me but it wasn’t going to work anyway because I could smell the poison miles away. Will overreacted, I believe.
            There was nothing to worry about. He engineered me to be able to hold myself but he keeps me locked up like the animal I once was. For all I know, Tayloe could have been trying to put me out of my misery here.

September 2nd
He finally has set me loose from my cage. He lets me run about the lab all day long. I’m beginning to feel more person than he thinks I am. I have to find a way out of here but the only way I know he’ll stop the experiments is if I play into his aspirations.
I think I have the perfect plan to get him to believe in my capability. His library is chalk full of informational content. If I pretend to have interest in his books, maybe he’ll think of me as a self-learning being and he’ll stop.

September 8th
The library scam didn’t work at all. He locked me back in my cage for the past couple days and I don’t know why. He’s also removed the rest of the lab rats from the room entirely. I’m pretty sure he believes I will share my knowledge with the rest of them. However, I’m not worried about them anyway. I just want to get out of here, now.

September 9th
He’s letting me out of the cage for the morning. I’m not sure if I’ve gained his trust yet but this is my only chance to escape. I just have to wait until the time is right.
            I did it! I’m finally free. When Will turned around, I jumped onto the door knob, removed the key from it, and then jumped onto the ledge of the window and escaped. I disposed of the key in the well near the lab just to get back at him for everything he’s done. I know he keeps valuable papers in that room and now he won’t be able to get to them.

September 10th
This dunce who calls himself a scientist almost killed himself. I should have let it happen but I decided to be the bigger man. Isn’t that sad? The mouse being a bigger man than the man? It’s just funny to me. I went ahead and got the key myself and slipped it back into the lab. I hope he finds it some day because I know he and I can live our lives separately and fully. Here’s to life!

September 11th


No comments:

Post a Comment