I could never live the
way Uncle Richie Jr. does. It’s so empty in his one-bedroom apartment. Every
morning, he wakes up ad makes his bed perfectly. Then, he walks from his lifeless
room, which looks as if he just moved in, to his bathroom. He has to duck under
his doorway because of the pull-up bar he hung there. There is only one towel,
a razor, a bar of soap, and a toothbrush. He takes not even a full seven
minutes to shower, brush his teeth, and shave. He changes into the clothes he will
wear for the day that are all folded into individual outfits and stacked neatly
into each drawer of his dresser. Next to his dresser is a cheap little gym he
made himself. Unfinished.
Paranoid Person and Ex-Convict:
ReplyDeleteI unlock the door and let him in. He is dressed neatly: Not shabby but not excessive. I like that. We walk into the kitchen, and he examines the way everything is organized. Everything has to be exact. He seems to like that. My watch beeps. I walk into the living room and sit down on the couch opposite The Camera. The Camera watches me at all times. The Watching Ones see my every move. They listen, waiting for me to falter. I don’t want to make a mistake, and The Watching Ones make sure I don’t. He walks into the room, looks around, and sits down beside me on the couch. We sit there, staring at the camera, letting The Watching Ones stare back. They probably have stared at him longer than they have stared at me. He made The Mistake longer ago. He went to prison for The Mistake. I only experienced The Mistake three months ago, and I didn’t go to prison. I voluntarily let The Watching Ones watch me. Why is he standing up?
“NO!!!!” I yell out, as he turns The Camera off.
“Look at yourself,” he says to me. “Look at what you’re doing. I don’t even know what I’m doing. I just know that something’s wrong.” Suddenly he grabs The Camera and hurls it at the wall. It splits open and dies. “Come on,” he says. I look at the camera, dead on the ground. I look at him. He made The Mistake, but he’s rejecting The Watching Ones. They’ll be angry. They’ll be furious. They’ll be… I stand up and open the curtains.
- Chris
Those two are just ridiculous, always checking the time and avoiding cameras. Who wouldn’t want their face on TV? Why it’s the best thing there is! Plus their style is absolutely atrocious! It’s so monotonous and just painful for other people to look at. Whenever I see them at the market, they’re always going on and on about “The Camera” and “The Watching Ones” and “The Mistake”. No one can ever understand them, yet they continue to dole out their “essential advice”. They look absolutely insane, constantly peeking out the windows and darting back behind the blackout curtains.
ReplyDeleteThese two people seem like they would actually get along really well. Fugitives seem like prime candidates to become paranoid, so the paranoid person could finally be around someone who sympathizes with their seemingly strange actions. Their actions remind me of two kids playing as if they're in a spy movie, except in this situation, they are adults so its really strange to see two grown people playing spy. The weirdest part is they're not pretending.
ReplyDelete