On
the Topic of Toppings
“Hey, Tony,
Are you almost done with the
computer?
I really need it.”
“No,
I already said I would be
working on this all night,
Jim, don’t you listen.”
“Alright, dude
Chill.
Are you hungry?”
“Yeah,
I haven’t eaten all day.”
“Hey,
Do you want to order some
pizza?”
“Pizza sounds amazing. I am
starving.”
“Okay, let me go ahead and
order.
What do you want on the
pizza?”
“Pepperoni,”
Tony said dismissively as he
looked up from his computer.
“Pepperoni?”
Jim questioned.
“Pepperoni...,”
Tony replied, looking up at
Jim,
With a confused face.
“We always get pepperoni,
Tony.”
“Duh,
because pepperoni is tasty,”
Tony replied,
Slightly irritated.
“Well,
I like sausage more on my
pizza and
We never get anything other
than pepperoni on our pizza.”
“So?
What does that have to do
with anything?”
“We always get what you want,
Never what I want,”
Jim replied with an upset
face.
“Okay
And? It is just pizza, Jim,
chill.”
“It’s not just the pizza,
Tony.
Everything.”
“That is not even true,
Don’t lie.
You get what you want too
All the time”
“See,
But it is true Jim.
It’s been like this.
We always do what you want to
do.
We always eat what you want
to eat.
We always go where you want
to go.
We never do what I want to
do.
We never eat what I want to
eat.
We never go where I want to
go.”
Tony stands up and
Closes his laptop forcefully.
“Dude,
What are you even saying,
That’s crazy?
I always make sure we get an
even chance at doing what we want to do.”
“Like what?
Give me some examples,
Please. I would love to hear
some of these said times.”
“Well,
You remember that time we
went to the waterpark with Stephanie and Lucy.”
“Yeah,
That was what
You
Wanted to do with them.
I
Wanted to go to Six Flags,
But ‘nooo Hurricane Harbor is
more fun,’
So
What do we do?
We go to Hurricane Harbor
Because that’s what
You
Wanted to do.”
“Jim, all we were doing was
trying to order pizza.
Why did this spiral out of
control like this?
You didn’t have to over
exaggerate the situation.”
“I’m not over exaggerating
the situation,
I am just stating the facts.”
“How come you haven’t said
anything before?”
“Because
I’ve always been afraid to.
You may not realize it,
But you’re very suppressive.”
“Suppressive?
Shut up,
You don't know what you're
talking about.
Just order the pizza.”
Tony opens up the laptop
again and starts working.
Jim walks up to Tony’s desk
and shuts the laptop,
“See,
This is exactly what I'm
talking about.
You're shutting me down
When I'm finally trying to
express how I'm feeling.”
“Okay, then.
Tell me about it.
I want to know how you feel,”
Tony
said sarcastically, grinning.
“Honestly,
If
you don’t want to cooperate,
We
don’t have to talk about it.
I
know we have been roommates for two years,
But
I’ll move out.
I’m
tired of you being like this.”
“You
don’t have to move out, Jim.
I guess
I can be a little too much
At
times
But
that’s just how I am.
If
you want to move out,
No
one is stopping you.”
If
you don’t care if I’m here or not,
I can
leave
You
can get your own damn pizza from now on.”
Jim
goes into his room to gather his things.
After
he is packed, he comes back into the living room.
“And
I’ll
be taking my laptop too.”
Jim
walks out the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment